Saturday, December 12, 2009

Take Offs & Landings


100_6241
Originally uploaded by Mermaid Hair
Winter is upon me here, and let me just say I am not prepared.
I've learned over the years that there is no such thing as bad weather.
--Only bad wardrobe. And right now I am suffering from bad wardrobe.

I remember the day I had to pack all my shorts into a box and put them under my bed to make room in my dresser for more winter-y things. What a sad day, to come to terms with the fact that I do in-fact now live where that's a practical thing to do. Boo. haha

It's not a particualry wonderful time of year to have a shattered driver-side window, I talked to my insurance company about it, and I have a $500 deductible. (LAME) and would have to pay $174 to have it replaced. I talked to a girl at work, her father repairs car windows/windshields for a living. He said he'd do it for me for the price of the glass...$55. Thank goodness, this seems like a way better option for me right now.

I talked to Ethan about my moving. It went okay. I haven't quite figured out how this is all going to pan out in the upcoming month. It's a difficult time of year to move, with the holidays coming and the winter weather, and being swamped at work because of those two things.

A friend, Katie, and I have talked about moving downtown together.
I think it would be fun to submerge myself in an environment like that, I've never lived in a city-city before. The lights can be inspiring...

I'm currently trying my damnedest to crank out some homemade holiday gifts, but shipping them is the annoying part, as I'm broke as a joke. But, that's okay. I'm hoping to find a cheap tree in the next few days, I could use some holiday spirits--it's good for morale, dontcha think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.